You may ask, “What is Silica?” Silica is the principle component of glass and it is also a primary raw material for many ceramics such as stoneware and porcelain. Silica is the material that is responsible for these items being hard, durable and smooth. We have found a way to integrate this amazing material into a water-based spray that will extend the life of your existing ceramic coating, or provide stand-alone protection, up to 6 months when paired with our Slick Back primer polish. Apply to any exterior surface of your vehicle to provide protection, amazing gloss and excellent hydrophobic properties. This unique non-streaking formula is very easy to use and will definitely impress you with its performance.
Clutch is NOT a detail spray. It's a light form of ceramic coating. You have to look at Clutch the same way you would ceramic coating. Even though it's in a spray bottle - it has to be treated like a coating. When Clutch is applied to a vehicle that has ceramic coating - it recognizes the material and attaches itself, reintroducing a new thin layer of SiO2 and hydrophobic properties. Clutch also has a lot more uses!
Here's some of the many uses:
- Works excellent as stand alone protection.
- Works excellent when combined with our Burn Out reconditioning cream as a fast one step polish and protection.
- Durable protection for ALL aftermarket, factory and powdercoated wheels.
- Refreshes and reloads ceramic coatings.
- Refreshes and brings the color back to sprayed in bed liners.